Post with 2 notes
My run tonight was a true example of Murphy’s Law - If anything can go wrong, it will.
First of all, I put it off all weekend since I volunteered for the Tri Saturday morning and just didn’t feel like it Sat afternoon. Then, I just used the ‘I’m sore’ excuse this morning and didn’t get out of bed. I felt guilty for not doing a run (I also should have biked this weekend) so I set out at the last possible minute to get something resembling a run done.
- I left my house around 6:30, getting to the greenway around 6:40. The sun is setting around 7:45 nowdays. I needed to do 7 miles. Yeah, that wasn’t happening unless I was planning on finishing the last part in the dark.
- My Garmin died when I pulled into the parking lot. I’ve got to get better at charging that thing.
- For some stupid reason I decided to wear shorts. I’ve never worn shorts to run before. Even though I had compression shorts on under them, it was uncomfortable and I’m sure it didn’t look pretty.
- My quads hurt with every step. I have never been this sore in my life.
- My phone (music source) died around mile 3.
- I had my first chafing experience on my thighs from the damn shorts. Not a good thing considering these are the shorts I was planning on pulling over my swimsuit at the Tri in July.
I ended up finishing 5 miles in 70ish minutes. Considering the pain I was in, I am not surprised I was a little on the slower side of where I normally have been.
I took my first ice back afterwards, but I don’t think it did a lick of good. I’m in way more pain than I was before the run. I literally cannot sit down unless I have something to brace myself on.
At least I can say I didn’t use my soreness as an excuse. Although, sometimes I need to learn to just listen to my body. Thankfully tomorrow is stretching/yoga day. You know if I can walk to get there!